Whether it's a space age silver mini skirt or punked-out gold-chained leggings, there's no doubt about it, metal rocks! Working the metallic trend will add a touch of glam and a touch of edge to any look.
Metallics already make a statement on their own, so my favorite way to incorporate this trend is to stick with natural metal colors: gold, silver, copper, bronze, platinum, and pewter. Mixing these tones with neutrals like black, white, gray, tan, or even denim, keeps the look sophisticated.
You don't need a platinum card to wear metallics. All 50 of these pieces come in under $50!
Got an old cell phone case you're not in love with anymore? Bump it up a notch with this heavy metal DIY makeover!
How you do it:
1. Cut the studs strip into the desired size and shape.
2. Lay your case on a protected surface.
3. Using the sponge brush, "paint" the case with the gesso, with acts as a primer and allows the spray paint to stick to the plastic better.
4. After the gesso has dried (at least 15 minutes), spray paint the case, making sure to cover the sides/edges evenly.
5. Let this dry for about 30 minutes and then repeat for a second coat.
6. After second coat has dried, spray the gloss coat and let dry.
7. Glue on studs with super glue and let dry.
I hope you have fun rocking your new metallic look! And come back next week for another Eye It/Buy It/DIY It!